Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vegan Lunches

Since Daddykins has decided to go vegan, I have been digging through my brain back to my college days, and unpacking some old favorites.  Now, I have never been one for tuna fish (ew, even when I ate meat as a kid), but Daddykins loves it, so I thought why not substitute a bean?  I didn't want it mushy, so I went with chick peas, because they don't mush unless you really really puree them.  

Better Than Tuna :) 

1/2 can of chickpeas 
1 stalk celery 
small bit of onion (if desired) 
Vegan mayo 
Salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning to taste 

Throw chickpeas, celery and onion in food processor  run until your preferred consistency, add in desired amount of mayo and spices!  Easy peasy!  

I eat mine on toast to give it more texture, and Daddykins says 'it really does taste like tuna... for the most part.' So I got approval for one vegan meal that isn't full of processed/prepackaged foods.  And it is relatively inexpensive, just like real tuna.  


No comments:

Post a Comment