Monday, December 24, 2012

Lovely Laundry

I had posted the other day about homemade laundry detergent, and I forgot to mention the other steps I take to make sure our clothes are fresh, clean and static free.


In our house, we do the following for laundry:

1/2 cup - 1 cup homemade laundry detergent
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup vinegar
** I used to listen constantly for the washer to start the rinse cycle, but then one day, way back in a shelf, I saw an old Downy ball... so now I fill the Downy cup with vinegar and drop it in the load.  Saves me from running up and down with laundry all day long!

And in the dryer, I use a small bit of tin foil balled up (not too smooth, but not with huge ridges to snag clothes), and it helps keep the "fabric softener" feel without chemicals and waste.  I replace it every 2 weeks or so, as it breaks down.


****Please note, we rent and our house came with the 'old' style washer and dryer.  They work fine, but I am not sure how this method would work for HE washers!!****

No comments:

Post a Comment